Revlon Makeover – Mine, And Possibly Yours (Competition)

The last time I had a professional do my makeup was for my author photographs I had done at the beginning of 2008 for the promotional materials I had made up for Surprise!

However, they turned out so badly (read: bright and not suited to my skin tone) I converted them to black and white to see if that helped, but the contrasts/shadows were possibly even worse. I ended up scrapping the lot of them.

I was so embarrassed I didn’t even blog about it. Yes, they were THAT BAD.

Today was different, for today I have a Revlon Makeover Experience. My lovely makeup artist Nicole took her time and explained every step in the process. I was chosen for today’s experience because I fall into the age category the new Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream is aimed for: the thirty-something woman who wants to take anti-aging preventative measures (this is what Nicole told me). This foundation has a broad spectrum SPF 20 (excellent – I refuse to put anything on my face without some sort of sunscreen) and is designed to reduce fine lines and wrinkles – of which I have plenty.

I took the above photo on my phone in the car coming home this afternoon, while the sun was still out. I’m really happy with how my makeup came out. I finally found a lip colour that suited me other than the plum shade I’ve been buying for years!

What’s even better?

I’m excited to be able to offer a reader a chance to win a similar experience: a Revlon Age Defying makeover and night out of your choice worth $250!

All you need to do to enter is leave a comment saying in 25 words or less, “What are the main benefits of the new Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup and why are you excited?” (Tip: you might need to go back and read my post if you skipped it!)

Entries will close at 6pm on Thursday 25th August. Please read this for the complete Terms and Conditions.

Good Luck!

It’s been a big birthday week – thanks to you all for helping me celebrate! I’ve had to go back on my Meniere’s medication, however, so I might be quiet over these next few days while it sorts itself out.

Have a lovely weekend xx

Edited: The competition is now closed. The ultimate winner of the competition will be notified in due course. Good luck!

Pin It

Karen Andrews is the creator of Karen Andrews. This is one of the most established and well-respected parenting blogs in the country and is a two-time finalist in the Best Australian Blogs competition. She is also an author, award-winning writer, poet, editor and publisher at Miscellaneous Press. Is an exercise junkie (when she finds the time).

Comments

1. Tiff says

You look stunning!

To look like that for even just one night would be very exciting for me indeed!

With protection from the sun in the foundation, to reducing wrinkles and fine lines
    A Revlon age defying makeover sounds mighty fine!
    Tiff recently posted..Things I know – boys.My Profile

2. says

Hmmm, let me see 1) aimed for us 30 somethings (for the next few months anyway) who want to take anti-ageing preventative measures 2) includes a broad spectrum SPF 20 sunscreen 3) designed to reduce fine lines and wrinkles… Is that right?

Why I’m excited? Well, because all of the above applies to ME – and more and more for every. day. that. passes!
    Sif recently posted..Thank you Bill and Claudine… The story of a house.My Profile

3. says

The benefits are for thirty-something women who want to take anti-aging measures with an SPF 20, designed to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.

I love Revlon products, when I was younger and prettier I used to buy all my make-up from Revlon. Thank you Miscmum and thank you to Revlon!
    Melanie Graham recently posted..Cherish Your CherubsMy Profile

4. says

Hi Karen,

You look great.
    ———————–
    Revlon Age Defying includes a SPF 20+ sunscreen to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, for women who want to take anti-ageing preventative measures . (24 words!!!)

I am excited as I spend so much time in the sun and it saves having to remember to apply sunscreen

5. Blue Zone says

The main benefits are the anti-aging preventative measures the Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup target at 30+ women.

I am excited about the chance to win a special treat just for me. I spend my days lately making sacrifices for everyone else around me and am now craving something just for ME!

6. kerry santillo says

Hi there!!! Revlon Age Defying, has a broad spectrum SPF 20 and is designed to reduce fine lines and wrinkles . I should have started this in my thirties, now in my fourties, but have always used revlon and their products always contain sunscreen, hence, I dont have alot of the old wrinklies!! But am excited to get the chance of trying Revlon age defying foundation. I will say your photo is illuminating,( not just sucking up ) and hope your birthday was fun!!!

7. silvana gutierrez says

to take anti-aging preventative measures reduce fine lines and wrinkles and is for the thirty-something woman so perfect for me!! :)

8. Lauren Brooks says

RevlonAgeDefying makeup was produced for women to feel confident about their skin and looks by taking anti-aging preventative measures that reduces wrinkles and lines.

I’m actually entering this for my mom (shh, it’s a surprise) because I think my mom is beautiful, but I know she get’s worried about what is age is doing to her face. I want her to feel as beautiful as my father, my sister and I think she is. This would be an amazing opportunity for her to gain confidence in her appearance and be happy with the way she looks.

Also I am writing from the US, in Massachusetts. I wasn’t sure if this was an international contest, so I thought I’d apply anyway.

9. says

Reducing fine lines & wrinkles whilst protecting from the sun making more.. very impressive! Us “thirty somethings” love this stuff!!