Jeans for Genes Day raises money for genetic research at the Children’s Medical Research Institute and is coming up very soon on Friday 5th August. In order to spread awareness for the day, I have been asked by Ogilvy 360 Digital Influence to mention some of the following ways you might like to get involved.
- Use the “Patch Your Jeans” Facebook App: Create your own denim patch using the ‘Patch Your Jeans’ app and share it with Miscellaneous Mum readers – we’ve also attached our own patch specially made for you! To check out the app, visit the Jeans for Genes Facebook page.
- Become a Fundraising Genie: Organise a fundraising activity at your home, office, school or community on Jeans for Genes Day. It could be as simple as asking your group to wear jeans on Jeans for Genes Day and make a donation. To get a free Genie Kit, visit the website to register.
- Wear Denim on 5 August and Share Your Pic: Remember to wear denim on 5 August, share it on Facebook and tag “Jeans for Genes Australia” in the photo so it can be shared with supporters of the campaign!
I also have the pleasure to be able to offer one ‘Jeans for Genes Day Prize Pack’ which contains a $250 Jeanswest gift card, official Jeans for Genes t-shirts and gear, and two movie tickets.
Some fine print:
- To be eligible to enter, please leave a comment below sharing your thoughts about the campaign.
- For one additional entry you may tweet ‘Have entered @miscmum giveaway for @jeansforgenesau – further details here [http://bit.ly/NLfih]’ and come back and tell me in another comment.
- Competition will be open until midday 27th July so the prize has enough time to reach the winner as it is being posted.
- Open to Australian residents only.
- Please leave an active email account. I reserve the right to re-draw if contact cannot be made within 48 hours.
Naturally, I’ll be wearing denim on Friday 5th August. Pictures will follow – hope perhaps to see some of yours!
Edit: Competition has now closed. Thank you all to those who entered. I’ll contact the winner shortly. Good luck!